VARIOUS TYPE OF ASANAS
DESCRIPTION: – It is also known as ‘Tree Type Pose’; Vriksha means tree in Hindi. It is the Known exercise.
- It tone up your legs and thighs making them strong and fit.
- Makes your ankles and knees strong.
- In teenagers, it help to increase height.
DESCRIPTION: – Dhanur means bow , derived from Sanskrit. In this your body look like ‘bow’. In this you have to hold your ankles with your hands from backside.
- Help in proper digestions, prevents constipation, heat and acidity.
- Helps to reduce or flattens your tummy.
- Very useful for diabetic patients, it regulates the pancreas and the insulin secretion that help to control sugar level.
DESCRIPTION: – In this, your body looks like a semi-circle. This asana must be tried under the guidance. Chakra means ‘wheel’.
- Improves the flexibility of spinal cord making it strong and flexible.
- Good for your cardiovascular system, strengthening your arteries.
- Helpful to strengthen your legs and hands.
DESCRIPTION: – Bhujang is a Sanskrit word, it is known as Cobra Pose. In this asana mainly stress come on your shoulders, neck and abdomen. In this your body look like Cobra with raised hood.
- Prevents stiff neck pain, shoulders and back
- Will improve your inhale and exhale capability.
- Make your spinal more flexible.
DESCRIPTION: – In the Sanskrit language pada means ‘foot’ and hasta refers to the ‘hand’. Therefore padahasta asana means the ‘hand to foot pose’.
- The toning of the abdominal organs
- Conditions of bloating of the abdomen, constipation, indigestion and other gastric troubles can be greatly vanished out.
- Helps to relieve sciatica
- The spine is made resilient, straight and flexible
- Helps in better blood circulation throughout the body.
- ARDHA CHAKRASANA
DESCRIPTION: – Half Wheel Pose, a back bend pose recommended for beginners, not only helps to cure various health conditions but it is also prepares you for advanced yoga poses.
- Ardha Chakrasana regulates the abdominal organs and aids in digestion.
- The pose reduces flab in the waist and thighs.
- It helps to alleviate upper back pain. The pose relieves stress in the neck and shoulders. It improves heart function and cure blood pressure.
DESCRIPTION: – Bhadrasana or the Gracious Pose is good for activating the Mooladharachakra. In Sanskrit ‘Bhadra’ means ‘auspicious’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’.
- Bhadrasanaactivates the root chakra or the Mooladhara
- It strengthens the thighs, hips and buttocks.
- It is good for developing flexibility of the legs.
- Bhadrasanais an excellent posture for meditation. The posture directs the pranic energy upwards.
- ARDHA USHTRASANA
DESCRIPTION: – Ushtrasana poseis is also known as camel pose. In Sanskrit ‘ushtra‘ means ‘Camel’. The body looks like the shape of camel so it is called as Ushtrasana.
- Helps to increase chest size and lung capacity.Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Improves the respiratory system. Beneficial for people suffering from Asthma. Loosens the vertebrae and stimulates the spinal nerves.
- Increases blood circulation to brain.
- Helps to improve Posture. Reduce the fats on the stomach.
DESCRIPTION: – Shashankasana or the “Hare Pose” is so called as the asana resembles a hare in the final position. Shashank is a Sanskrit word
- This asana relaxes the mind and reduce depression.
- It tones the pelvic muscles and relieves sciatic pain.
- It can help in sexual disorders.
- It gives a good relaxing stretch for the upper body.
DESCRIPTION: – This asana is called as Vakrasana or Twisted Pose because the spine is twisted while practicing this asana. “Vakra” means ‘twisted’ in Sanskrit. In the Vakrasana, the upper part of the body is completely turned and twisted.
- Vakrasana cures constipation, liver weakness and nervous weakness.
- The asana reduces rigidity in the spine
- Very useful for kidneys and other stomach diseases
- Kundalini shakthi is sublimated.
- The asana reduced back aches.
- The spine attains elasticity.
- ARDHA SARWANGASANA
DESCRIPTION: – It is the Queen of all the asans. Just as the name ‘Sarvang’ suggests ‘all parts’, the asan is essentially concerned with all the parts of the body.
- Helps in proper thyroid functioning
- Strengthening of abdomen
- Stretches upper back, Increases blood circulation
- Encourages relaxation
- Accentuates the flow of blood and energy to the brain. Stimulates mental functions
- Enhances memory and concentration, Relieve from some headaches.
DESCRIPTION: – Palm Tree pose, Stand erect on the floor. Legs, waist and neck all should be in a straight line. Your weight should be evenly spread on the feet.
- This asana increases height.
- The vertebral column and heart are strengthened. Good for regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Strengthens arms and legs and helps to remove lethargy, Digestion improve.
DESCRIPTION: – “Vaka” in Sanskrit means “crane”. In this asana body looks like crane pose. Stand straight. Bend and place both the palms firmly on the ground. Bend the elbows slightly and then bending the knees, rest them on the upper part of the arms. The feet should be in line with the elbows and below the hips. Try under guidance. Cervical spondilities patient should not try.
- Muscles and nerves of the arms are strengthened.
- The chest becomes strong.
- This is beneficial in lumbar spondylitis.
- Wrists attain power with the practice of this asana.
- It strengthens the biceps muscles.
- It strengthens the shoulders and hands.
DESCRIPTION: – This pose is also know as Balasana (Child Pose). This pose stretches and relaxes the spine.
- Stretches and Strengthens muscle of hips, thighs and ankles
- Helps to relieve stress and fatigue.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Helps to cure back pain.
DESCRIPTION: -“ Hala” means Plow and Asana means Pose. So it is also named as plow pose. Plow is a most popular agriculture instrument used to prepare the soil for sowing seeds.
- It clears constipation and stomach disorders.
- Halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat.
- The inner organs like thyroid, kidney, spleen and pancreas are nourished well by practising this.
- It normalizes high blood pressure.
- Menstrual disorders in women are cured.
- As more blood flows to face, the face dazzles and kept young.
DESCRIPTION:- Makarasana or the Crocodile pose is a yoga asana used for relaxation. In sanskrit, ‘Makar’ means crocodile and ‘Asana’ means a pose. Makarasana is a yogic pose useful for people with back and shoulder problems.
- It helps you to cure breathing problems and disorders related to genitourinary system.
- It helps you to eliminate problems related to sciatica, slip disc and cervical spondylitis.
- It is most beneficial asana for asthma patients.
- It helps you to reducing knee pain.
DESCRIPTION:- Alternate name of this is Fish Pose. As Fish in a pond eats every dirty and clean the water. Likewise, Matsyasana purifies our blood and keeps us healthy and rich.
- Spinal Cord and back muscle tissues gets relaxed.
- It helps to cure asthma and respiratory disorders.
- Headache caused by stiffness of neck can be cured easily.
- Practicing this yoga pose regularly helps to cure impotency.
DESCRIPTION:- Vajra means diamond in Sanskrit language, that’s why it is also known as ‘diamond pose’ which is best for practicing breathing exercises and meditation.
- Those having gas problems should perform this asana, immediately after a meal.
- Helps to get rid of back pain.
- Cures stomach disorder.
- Cures urinary problems.
- Strengthens the sexual organs.
- Help to relax mind and will help to improve concentration.
DESCRIPTION:- Mandook is a Sanskrit word which means frog. In this asana your body looks like frog pose. It helps to increase Metabolism.
- Mandookasana or the ‘Frog Posture’ Improves Your
- ResistsAccumulation of Fat at the Thighs and Pelvis.
- Prods the Pancreas to produce Insulin and
DESCRIPTION: – It is complex standing postures – it’s both a twist and a back bend, demanding poise, balance and strength. Its alternate name is warrior pose.
- Strengthens and stabilizes the muscles of the feet and knees, also strengthens the shoulders, arms, and the back.
- Stretches the hip flexors and calf muscles.
- Improves balance and concentration.